- Frequently Asked Questions
Linings are types of coatings specially designed to be resistant to extreme chemical, heat, and mechanical abrasion. Linings are mostly used in tanks, stacks, tunnels and penstocks that are constantly exposed to harsh environments.
PCiRoads sets the standard for underground and above ground tank lining, tank repair and corrosion protection. We have trained and certified applicators of spray applied coatings or trowel-on systems for repairing and relining of industrial tanks for potable water, fire suppression water, wastewater, chemicals, oil, gasoline, fuel and petroleum products.
Tunnel and Penstock Lining
PCiRoads specializes in tunnel linings. We meet and exceed the requirements for construction services necessary for the recoating and relining of penstocks and tunnels. Review our penstock relining steps.
We use epoxy and polyurethane protective linings for welded steel penstock pipes. Epoxy and polyurethane coatings and lining systems provide corrosion and abrasion protection for penstocks and a slick, pore-free surface that improves the flow efficiencies of the systems.
Our experienced lining specialists can advise you as to the proper process and products that allow maximum service life.
- Removing the coating system from the exterior of the penstocks includes removing, handling and disposing of paint containing lead and other heavy metals.
- Preparing surface and applying new coating system to the exterior of the penstocks.
- Removing and disposing of lining system (paint) from the interior of the penstock includes removing, handling and disposing of paint containing coal tar products.
- Preparing surface and applying new lining system to the interior of the penstocks.
- Removing and disposing of coating system from steel work platform supports, stairs and handrails at valve structure and upstream as well as preparing surface and recoating.
14123 42nd Street NE
Types of Services
- Concrete works
- Slope stabilization
- Concrete/Epoxy Overlays
- Painting / Coating / Lining
- Waterproofing & Fireproofing
- Lead paint abatement
- Abrasive blasting
- High-pressure water blasting
- Hydro demolition